The Garden Centre Group announces centralised retail operations structure
1 April 2014 - The Garden Centre Group is pleased to announce its new centralised retail operations structure. Under the new structure, retail operations will be led by six Regional Operations Directors, each supported by Area Managers at the sub-regional level. Regional Operations Directors will report to Colin Hughes, Retail Operations Director for the Group.
The reorganisation streamlines the reporting structure within the Group, moving from twelve geographical groups to six peer groups of similar size and product range. In addition, to improve integration and operations across groups, the team includes a Head of Integration Operations and Central Operations Manager.
Colin Hughes, Retail Operations Director, said: "The new structure has been designed to improve communications across our current regions and centres, share learning and create synergies between similar centres and peer groups. This reorganisation will drive improved commercial performance, and ensure that appropriate levels of management resource are available in the right places and to support the right activities. I am pleased to have such a strong team of experienced retailers, horticulturalists and leaders to support our retail function across our estate."
The senior leadership team within the Retail structure includes:
- Retail Operations Director - Colin Hughes
- Central Operations Manager - Jeremy Byfleet
- Head of Integration Operations - James Cockrell
- Regional Operations Director - Chris Brannigan
- Regional Operations Director - Symon Wooldridge
- Regional Operations Director - Stefan Swiatyj
- Regional Operations Director - Daniel Webb
- Regional Operations Director - David Longmore
- Regional Operations Director - Melanie Evans